Dr. YS Parmar University admissions for PHD programme in Solan. As applications are invited from eligible students to enroll for the admissions to PhD programme in forestry for the upcoming academic year 2018.
Course Name: PhD Programme in Forestry.
PhD in Forestry [Streams in: Agricultural Economics, Agroforestry, Environmental Science, Forest Genetic Resources, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Microbiology, Natural Resource Economics, Silviculture, Soil Science and Statistics].
1) M. Sc degree in concerned discipline with research thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the programme in the concerned discipline from a recognized university under ICAR/ UGC system with an OGPA of 6.50/10.00 or its equivalent under course credit system or at least 65% marks in annual system of examination (relaxable by 5% in case of SC/ST/In-service candidates); or
2) M. Phil degree with research component in concerned discipline from a recognized university under UGC system of education with an OGPA of 6.50/10.00 or its equivalent under course credit system at M. Sc level or with 65% marks in annual/semester system at M. Sc level (relaxable by 5% in case of SC/ST and In-service candidates); or
3) Degree of a Foreign University with at least ‘B’ grade or its equivalent as recognized by the Academic Council.
4) For Forestry disciplines, candidates with AIFC diploma or M. Sc (Forestry) Agroforestry having the above OGPA/ percentage of marks will be eligible.
5) PhD Agroforestry, the candidates with M. Sc (Forestry) Agroforestry/ Forestry/ Horticulture/ Agriculture/ Animal Science/ AIFC diploma having the above mentioned OGPA will be eligible.
6) For Statistics, the candidate with M. Sc (Bio-Statistics), M. Sc (Applied Mathematics) and M. Sc (Mathematics) having the above mentioned OGPA/ percentage of marks will be eligible.
7) However, the candidates admitted with these qualifications shall have to undergo the package of remedial courses equivalent to the core courses of M. Sc programme.
8) For the Environmental Sciences, the candidate with M. Sc Environmental Science/ Environment Management with thesis in partial fulfillment of the programme from recognized university under ICAR system having the above mentioned OGPA/ percentage of marks will be eligible; or
9) M. Sc in allied disciplines of Forestry/ Horticulture / Agriculture / Physical and Bio-Sciences with thesis in partial fulfillment of the programme from recognized university under ICAR/ UGC system having the above mentioned OGPA/ percentage of marks; or
10) In-service candidates with M. Sc degree from ICAR/State/ Central Institutes including Associate of IGFNA with diploma equivalent to M. Sc Forestry with the above mentioned OGPA/ percentage of marks are also eligible.
11) For such candidates having at least 3-years research/ teaching experience, the requirement of thesis in partial fulfillment at M. Sc shall be relaxed.
How To Apply: Application to be submitted on online at Click Here
Dr. YS Parmar University admissions for PhD Programme in Forestry in Solan 2018 notification for: Click Here
Last Date: 3rd January, 2018.
Last date with late fee Rs.500/-: 10th January, 2018.
Visit website @www.yspuniversity.ac.in for more information on other courses in Dr. YS Parmar University, Solan.