National Institute of Technology (NIT) admissions for PhD programme in Silchar. As applications are invited from eligible students to enroll for the admissions to PhD programme in various areas of research for the January-June for the upcoming academic year 2018.
Course Name: PhD Programme.
1) Civil Engineering: Structural Engg; Water Resource Engg; Earthquake Engg; Transportation Engg; Geotechnical Engg; Environmental Engineering.
2) Mechanical Eng: Thermal Engineering, Heat Transfer, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Combustion, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Alternate Fuels, Solar Energy, Wind Turbines, Hydraulic Turbines, Spray Combustion, Fatigue & Fracture, Micro-machining, Engg Material, Renewable Energy, Composite Materials, Fracture Mechanics, Biomechanics, Industrial Management, Design, Fluid Dynamics, I.C. Engine, Applied Mechanics, Polymer nano-composite, Molecular Dynamics, Microfluidics, Advanced Manufacturing Processes.
3) Electrical Eng: Power Electronic Converter/Inverter; AGC; Smart Grid; Power System Optimization; Signal Processing; Low Power VLSI Design; Nano-electronics (specially CNT and Nano-wires); Image Processing; Power Electronics Application in Renewable based Power Generation & Control; Coordination of Renewable Energy Sources; Electric Drives; Control System; Fractional Order Controller; Chaos and its Control; Stability & Control of time-delay System; Dynamics & Stability of Neural Network; Application of delay feedback Control in Robotics & Motion Control; Power Quality Improvement in Distributed Generation System.
4) Electronics & Communication Engg: MEMS; Semiconductor Device, Modelling and Simulations; Nanotechnology; Electronic Circuits; Communication Engg; Wireless Technologies; Power Electronics; RF & Microwave Engg; Antenna & Wave Propagation; Applied Electromagnetic; Antenna Array Processing; Signal Processing; Speech Processing; Image and Video Processing; Biomedical Signal Processing; Microelectronics & VLSI Design.
5) Computer Science & Engg: Machine Learning; Speech Processing; Computer Networks; Cloud Computing.
6) Electronics & Instrumentation Engg: Sensors & Emerging Fields of Sensor Technology; Instrumentation and Control; Industrial and Process Control; Fractional Order Control System; VLSI System Design; Intelligent Instrumentation; Biomedical Instrumentation and Signal Processing; Image Processing.
1) Students for admission into PhD Programs in Engineering Departments must satisfy one of the following criteria:
2) M.E./M. Tech. or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks). For SC/ST candidates a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks).
3) B.E./B. Tech. with an excellent academic record with valid GATE score and with a CPI of at least 8.0 (on 10 point scale) or equivalent (75% of marks). For graduates from IITs/NITs, the minimum CPI requirement is 7.0 (on 10 point scale). For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 0.5 CPI or 5% of marks.
4) Assistantship: As per MHRD guidelines.
How To Apply: Application to be submitted on online at Click Here
National Institute of Technology (NIT) admissions for PhD Programme in Silchar 2018 notification for: Click Here
Last date of online (through email) submission of form to the Institute: 24th January, 2018.
List of short-listed candidates to be uploaded in the institute website: 30th January, 2018.
Date of Written Test and Interview: 06th and 07th February, 2018.
Date of sending recommended list by the Dept. to Dean (R & C): 08th February, 2018.
List of provisionally selected candidates to be uploaded in the Institute website: 09th February, 2018.
Period of Registration: 10th to 15th February, 2018.
Visit website @www.nits.ac.in for more information on other courses in National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar.